What Are Seven Common Mistakes To Avoid When Baking Pies?
Who doesn’t love pies? Everyone knows that for you to enjoy a piece of a beautiful pie, it has to be fresh. If you want to keep your pies fresh for a long time, check out Pie Cutters for more information. Baking pies can be a challenge to get right if this is your first time. In this article, we will share with you the common mistakes to avoid when baking pies. Make sure to keep reading below to find out more information.
What Are the Seven Common Mistakes to Avoid When Baking Pies?
1. Too much liquid in the filling – Your pie’s filling can easily become watery while it is cooking inside the oven. You can avoid a watery filling by adding some flour or nuts to thicken it. By doing this, you can avoid having to deal with a watery mess after your pie finishes baking. The nuts and the additional flour helps by absorbing any excess liquid while it is cooking and it can also make the pie pastry crispy.
2. Pies that are not fresh – Fresh pies are a perfect addition to any meal. If you want to keep your pies fresh, you must use a tool like a Stay Fresh Pie Cutter to keep it fresh for long periods. Check out Pie Cutters for more information.
3. Mushy bottom – Pies can have a mushy bottom. Blind baking is an essential step that will help ensure the success of your pie. Blind baking is done by pricking the uncooked pastry with a fork to release the air pockets. By doing so, it will help seal the surface and make the pastry nice and crispy.
Do not forget to line the base of the pastry with a baking paper, then weigh it down with ceramic baking weights or uncooked rice and bake the pastry for ten minutes. Remove the weights and baking paper when the pastry has turned golden brown.
4. Pale pie crust – A pie crust must have a golden and glossy appearance. Avoid a pale pie crust by brushing a thin layer of egg wash on the pie crust before baking it.
5. Burnt crust – Always remember when baking your pie, you have to place it on the bottom rack of the oven. This will help ensure that the base of the pie cooks evenly with a nice brown color. You can use a glass pie dish so you can easily check the bottom to see if it has cooked evenly.
6. Dough temperature – When baking pies, always remember to chill the dough before cooking it on the oven. You can place your pie pastry in the freezer at least 15 minutes before baking it in the oven. You must also keep the butter cold. This will keep the pastry flaky and crispy and it will give the pie a lovely dome shape.
7. Serving the pie while still hot – Serving a hot pie is not a good idea! Remember hot sugar can be a very dangerous situation, especially if you are serving the pie to small children. You must at least allow your pie to cool for an hour. The pie filling will set and it will be cool enough to eat.
Always remember that if you want your pies to stay fresh after baking them, you must use a reliable tool like Stay Fresh Pie Cutters. It can help lengthen your pies shelf life. Pies that have been cut will have their edges exposed in the air and will spoil easily. You can check out our products like pie cutters here.
If you are searching for gifts for your mom or grandma for their birthdays or for the coming holidays, why not check out this awesome tool, Stay Fresh Pie Cutters? They make wonderful gifts and come in beautiful gift boxes, making for the perfect gift all in one! You can fill up this contact form to reach out to us if you have any comments, suggestions, or inquiries.
Do you like baking pies? If you are looking for the perfect pie cutter, Pie Cutters is worth checking out. If you have any questions or inquiries about our company or the products that we offer please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us at 1-800-774-0784 or send us an email at email@example.com. We are looking forward to helping you enjoy fresh and delicious pies during your family’s celebrations and parties!